Webinar October 2020 – Revision of the EU TPD
The Independent European Vape Alliance organized a webinar on the revision of the EU Tobacco Products Directive, a process which kicks into gear right now.
The impact of this revision will be felt by the European vaping industry for decades to come.
The webinar took place on October 5, 2020. It featured presentations and a question and answer session from:
- Clive Bates Former Director of Action on Smoking and Health and tireless advocate for tobacco harm reduction in the European Union.
- Patricia Kovacevic Global regulatory law specialist with vast experience in the vaping sector in the EU and the United States.
- Peter Beckett EU affairs expert and a veteran of the last TPD revision process.
During the webinar, we discussed:
- When is the TPD likely to be revised, and what might the outcomes be?
- What role is IEVA playing in educating the EU institutions about harm reduction?
- How will the Commission design a new proposal?
- When and how will Parliament vote?
- What role is there for national governments?
- How can industry and consumers get involved?